entries ♥ me ♥ tagboard ♥ loves

update - 17:17:00
Sunday, 14 April 2013

Scanned through my blog & I can't believe that I have only blogged twice this year. :O I have gotten soooo lazy omg.

Life has been good & I'm happy to have all my friends by my side (: Assignments & skills assessment are finally over & finals' are coming! I'm becoming such a YOLO person & taking up any weird dares, bets or challenges that come along. Made a bet with my friend to compete with him for finals & the loser will need to be the winner's slave for 5 days WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING OHMYGOSH. Sigh but a bet's a bet guess that will be a good motivation for me to study hard.

& I have finally decided to move on in my TKD journey. Went for Red 1 grading yesterday after having held on to my red belt for 2 years and felt rather confident of passing until my coach & seniors commented on my performance. Sigh just keeping my fingers crossed for now. & I must never be overconfident aish. :/

Anyway, I was just browsing through FB when I came upon this photo album that this awesome & cute nursing tutor of mine posted. Didn't pay much attention to her album captions until then & I found it really inspiring (: "As we gain knowledge in our educational journey, may we humbly remember that being a nurse, is an endless loving act of heart." Yes I'll keep reminding myself of why I made the decision to take up Nursing (: Never gonna forget that desire to care. 

This got me thinking about how I have been feeling these few days. That constant dull pain in my left knee that makes it hard for me to find a good sleeping position at night & irritates me so much when I'm seated at my table trying to complete my work or revise. The persistent fear of it becoming a hindrance in pursuing my passion in TKD & its potency of becoming a chronic pain that will leave me living in dependence on a wheelchair & others was somehow amplified last night. The only thing I could do was to lose control of my emotions and cry it all out. Well of course I felt much better after that with some attempted optimistic thinking. Then I started to wonder about how terrible the people with chronic diseases must have felt in every day of their lives. Waking up in the morning and being overwhelmed with pain & the only way to manage the pain is to introduce more pain & discomfort from analgesia through injections, IV lines & medication. )': How horrible it must be for them. :/ Rather glad that I have learnt things that I can relate to in my own life haha & hopefully it will help me in becoming more sensitive and professional in delivering care to my patients with chronic pain next time. (:

Next post shall be a happy post hahaha this place is getting too gloomy even I don't like coming here to read my own posts ><


AISH & my Saturday & Sunday are burnttttt. One step closer to slavery NOOOO I'M NOT ALLOWING THAT TO HAPPEN RAWR.SO I'M ENDING THIS UPDATE BYEEEE.