entries ♥ me ♥ tagboard ♥ loves

OBS [PART I] - 00:34:00
Sunday, 16 March 2008

030308
DAY 1 of OBS
Mood: excited. xD

wellies, I am trying very hard to recall what happened hahahaha. cos apparently yours truly[why am I sounding like xiaoen!] suffered from 少年痴呆症. D: nevertheless, with the help of sueen's post on OBS, I think I can sort of recall yay. (:

okae, I forgot what I ate for breakfast that day. ): [who remembers!] hmm I woke up at normal time [0515] and was going to leave the house when I realized that my bag doesn’t have a strap[for carrying]. apparently the strap can be removed and it is stuck somewhere in my house. Yeah so I told mama and she asked me to change into that red colour fila bag which was damn small. D: [I brought it to ATC last year] yeah and mama was like kept any-oh-how sai1-ing my things and I got quite angry. ): so I left the house in a BAD mood. BAAA. and I met sijia and her mama and took bus to school with sijia. haha sijia blur blur de, she don’t know must wear camp tee.

reached school and went with sqms to help ma’ams unpitch basha! [is 41 there? I forgot] and all the sqms were like 小心翼翼 cos we dont want to dirty our camp tee. Hmm then we went LT to assemble!

TRALALA!
Profile of NYGH Watch 26! [later known as TENZING]
-consist of 16 people
Me
Pooh
Sueen
Yunjing
Peijia
Chunhui
Liting
Janice[queen]
Ethel
Minyi
Jasmine
Patricia
Melisa
Xuewei
Jiaxin
Xinyi[see]

And we are all from 306’08! :D

I feel so lucky lah! Like how many groups are there that consist of everyone in the same class! xD I think only got 306 and 314 lorh! But then I think like that you don’t get to mix around with others and make more friends. ): that is quite sad but nvm! I still like being with classmates! :D

Anyway we waited so super long in the LT before it is our turn to board the bus. So we chitchat and talked about a lot of funny things. [Eiffel was asking about undergarments lol! Hahaha]
Yay! The whole bus is filled with only OUR CLASS! 306-ers only! Wahahaha. And we played a lot of games on the bus! 请你跟我这样做 and 猫抓老鼠! And we sang songs. xD I think my class’s favourite song is 会有那么一天 hahahah! Afterall i realized 306 is not that angmo speaking anymore. :D YAY. ohh yes! I almost forgot! The most exciting game we played on the bus was WHERE’S THE PEANUT! Wahahaha! So fun lah! I almost went zhao xia even before OBS has officially started. -___-

And we reached… TADDA! Punggol jetty! We took photos and finally board the boat. Pooh and me sang 浪花一朵朵 and we tried to make meichun sing with us. xD [she is sooooo far away from us and we cant hear her. :X] and sueen knows how to sing too hahaha!

and we reached OBS CAMPSITE! xD
hmm went to Camp 2 and cong’s instructor [I think she is called teresa? don’t rmb. -____-] gave us an introduction on OBS and told us a story! wellies I don’t rmb the story. D: cos I was not paying attention to her. Blehhh. xP paisei. and then cong’s instructor told us who our instructors are! Hmm, and we found out our watch’s name! TENZING! Shalala! And our instructor is called ah boo(her nick name)! [at first we were like “huh? MOO?” then we realized is boo. Haha] our instructor’s full name is boo yen leng. And we calls her either booboo or ah boo or boo. [I prefer booboo cos it sounds cuter and ah boo makes me think of ABU. *ties ABU* -___-]

booboo told us about TENZING[he is a native who guides the first person who climbed Mount Everest if I nvr rmb wrongly] and did all the admin stuff. [check names, collect valuable] woohoo and we took photo! xD

then we went to our store [store IC patricia and melisa] to look at all the stuff. Then we folded up the tent[dorm tent] and went to collect our food rations.
[aiyah I shall 省略 this part cos it is just all the 琐碎事 we have to do to get us started.]

Hmm I realized that the rations were super good lah. D: but not as filling haha. A lot of biscuits and buns. But got RICE! And more canned food! Got apples and orange wahahaha.

And we went to do trust-fall at the 101 steps high place. D: [but I heard that there is only 99. haha] at first we started with standing de. [3 people standing in one row and the middle one will fall forward and backward like a log while the one infront and behind will push you and not make you fall] then we went to do the stand on higher platform de. The rest of us standing below, pulling a sheet to “catch” you. I was the first one to try. D: hmm and booboo said that we are supposed to fall like a log. But my butt sit down first haha. I scared mahh.
“tenzing ready?”
“Tenzing pull! Tenzing ready!” [pinky and melia say their one is ready first then pull]
“yijung falling!”
“fall on!”
“BLOB!”

Eh why I put blob. -____- if I use PONG or BANG very weird right. Not like very loud liddat. Hahahaha

Then we did belaying! (: it is useful haha! For all the height elements and high rope activities.
“Am I on belay?”
“no you are not!”

*pulls rope pulls rope pulls rope*

“that’s me!”
“squeeze check, pull check, ahboo check”
“climbing!”
“climb on!”

Moohahahaha.

Pitched tent and I realized that actually pooh and me are sort of like of not much help with our knowledge of tent pitching. Cos it is DORM TENT! Hahaha. Everyone is a beginner and I think that is good. (: yay my tent mates are pooh sueen and yunjing! (:

Went to cook dinner! Moohahahaha. Got a lot of canned food lah! And I realized that our class is very tan1 chi1 hahaha! xD I think I am a glutton! D: omg. But nvm! 民以食为天! Eatting is good! But dont 暴饮暴食! Haha. We were sort of early so we had a lot of time to eat and bathe. I think everyone bathed. Then we had sort of a debrief for the day and booboo told us to start packing for land expedition. Hmm so it is decided that we go according to tents! I will bring pooh and my personal belongings and yunjing will bring sueen and hers. Sueen will carry our tent and pooh brings all our food. [thankyou pooh and especially sueen! Tent is very heavy! D:] hmm so we went to pack and then we went to sleep. [yunjing de that chase away insects thing was very good haha! I didn’t get any bites! But then wearing shorts to sleep is quite cold… bzzz.]







040308
Day 2 of OBS
Mood: a bit sian, but still high! :D And was feeling COLD. :X

Woke up at 5.30 I think. And wash up and pack bags and went to meet booboo at 5.55am. we did PT with shackleton! PT was 5 bx and we played this bumper car game. Hahaha and caterpillar game! Cheryl is good at scissors paper stone. xD

Then we trekked off to this place at somewhere along the route to camp 1 and played this rescue game. [I forgot the name] the starting wasn’t smooth as our plans didn’t work. But then after that we used this sort of pulley system that helped the stretcher [with all our water bottles!] to be balanced while it is being pushed across the log! And we passed both the platforms! YAY! (: although that was with extension of time and 8 penalties of either rope touch the floor or we touching the floor. :X
The game is still fun haha! That is with our teamwork and mo4 qi4 and good strategizing! [erm and good balance? Haha] yay!

Ate breakfast in the rain. But we were clever by using the poncho to dang3 yu3! (: finished 2 loaves of bread! D:

Then we went to do “Find IT” in this jungle place where we have to be blindfolded and walk through all the trees and shrubs and find this tree with twine tied to it. we had half an hour to try out and we made good use of the time! (: for the real thing, we managed to do it the first time! xD yay. shackleton too. Hahah. Pooh and peijia has good sense of direction. If I were the one leading I would probably go bumping into every tree and lead the rest to some weird place. D: haha.
And there is this puddle of water with a lot of tadpoles! So cute! :D

OHH YES OHH YES! Then we trekked back to camp 2 and ate lunch! And unpitched tents! And packed! And and and! We went to do FLYING FOX! :D at the 101 steps high place! WHEE~! Hahaha. Booboo told us that the flying fox element is not used very frequently! It has been weeks since it was last used! And then there will only be 2 watches[that means us TENZING AND SHACKLETON!] using it for that week! Ohmypenguin we are super uber ultra extremely tremendously lucky! [er.] wahaha! It is so fun lah! we used quite a long time to get to know the different roles. There are the
belaying team[3]
pulley ladies[2]
rope women[6]
tyre women[4]
safety IC [1]
flyer [1]
whoo. I shall not explain into details for the different roles. If not I will die! It is complicated de lor.
Then we practiced the rope women role. “BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE”
Yes! Then we start flying! Jiemin was the first one to fly haha! And I belayed her! Then then then, I was the 4th or 5th or 6th to fly! I forgot lah. [anw Cheryl’s shoe sole fall out just before she goes off to fly! Then she has to climb up without one of her shoe sole. D:]
this is the dramatic description of the flying experience:
i climb climb climb climb up and then when i think that i should be reaching the top soon i realized that i still got a lot to climb. D: when I reached the top I was super exhausted. *pants pants* D: the top of the flying fox got this down slope thing which was quite scary! [cannot stand on even surface. D:] then up there very high! *gasps* yeah then you have to shout
“rope women are you ready!!!”
“ready!!!”
“yijung flying!”
“fly on!”
And shooooooo~! Off I fly! xD
I think I didn’t hesitate before I jump haha. wellies I didn’t jump. Cos when I was considering whether to jump or to sit down I realized that I am wasting a lot of time and jumping is abit like 跳楼自杀. D: so I sat down, feeling a bit scared, and after my feet left the platform, I was thinking “aye? Why so slow de. D:” then suddenly i start to accelerate at a very very very fast rate [??m/s!] and the wind was blowing very very hard at my face. Hahaha I wanted to shout something or scream but then my mouth sort of cannot open! D: hahahaha. and tadda! The tyre brake! got PONG! sound when I hit against it. hahaha. Very fun very fun very fun very fun! xD FLYING FOX ROCKS! :D
Jiamin is afraid of heights! ): cos she say when she is young her mama go hang clothes she will stretch her arms[carrying jiamin] out of the balcony. Then jiamin very scared and cry and her mama still put her out. D: but jiamin still got do flying fox! Yay! (: this might be once in a lifetime experience! Glad that our class doesn’t have that kind pa4 dao4 don’t want to try de.
[ahma said ah ma flying hahahahhaha! xD]

We took a lot a lot of time at the flying fox and we were sort of behind time. D: so syad said that the fastest group takes 30 mins to reach the campsite beside the sea and he said that if we continue going at this pace we are going to be super late. D: and he said he think that we cannot do it! HMPH. But we proved him wrong wahahaha! We reached the campsite with our heavy backpacks in 28 mins! :D we are so proud of ourselves yay!
we pitched our tent and started cooking dinner! [argh argh yunjing never bring her that very good chase away insect thing! ): but nvm we very clever we use insect repellent!] and moohahaha! Dinner was so super sumptuous! Cos we can finish all our Maggie mee muahahaha! xD I was so super cheng1 haha. [we realized that we lost a pot. D: D: D:] and we went to wash our mess tins in the sea. D: we are supposed to throw our left over food into the sea too. D: omgomgomg. I feel bad lor. And then Janice and me went to ask booboo they all what to do with the rubbish and they say we must hang it on the tree. o_o hahahah! Janice and I went around looking for trees and in the end we decided that there is no strong looking trees around that area so we have to hand our rubbish on this skinny tree haha. and we sprayed insect repellent on it hahaha! [my dumb idea of making stray dogs keep away from it cos it is poisonous. -____-]
omg and pooh and I went to pee at the peeing place. [one two three turn around and back face each other and pee!] so paisei lah lah lah! :X then we had debrief and I was so sleepy that I wasn’t paying attention to what syad was saying. D: [he nags a lot. -__-] hahaha and our tent was lucky to be the last one doing sentry duty! 5am-6am slot! Don’t have to wake up in the middle of the night!

*anw! i missed this out! THANKYOU 306! (: for singing birthday song for me! :D at first i thought that my birthday is going to be forgotten hahaha. YAY i love 306! (:*

Good night campers! (:

-to be continued-

[sorry ah. cos I am blogging so into detail. D:]
[I promise to finish the rest asap! xD]
[sayonara!]
[good night! (:]